In 1853, gold was discovered at Maldon and within a few years there were 20,000 miners and 70 pubs in the town. One of these was 'The Eaglehawk Hotel'. A fire destroyed the timber hotel in the late 1800's and a new hotel was rebuilt in Edwardian splendour in 1906.
Today, this historic hotel can be yours.
Retaining many period features from the last 110 years, the Eaglehawk Country House Hotel is now a luxury mix of old and new presenting a stylish and unique venue, located in Australia's First Notable town of Maldon. The original Public Bar with lead-light windows, full bar, cellar and furnished with quirky bar stools and a sumptuous banquette provides a distinctive fun environment . The original front porch is a perfect spot to enjoy a drink or a photo opportunity. Two additional rooms adjacent to the bar offer casual dining or relaxing in front of one of the seven open fireplaces featured throughout the hotel. The Grand Hall features a magnificent four metre dining table under a grand baronial chandelier and relaxing lounge areas around the cosy fireplace. The beautiful conservatory features luxury lounges and chairs for relaxing overlooking the traditional gardens and fountains.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Spa Bath
- Disabled access
- 2 additional powder rooms
- Accommodation for up to 16
- Flexible Bedding Configuration
- All bedding and toiletries supplied
- Additional accommodation at many cottages and B&B's throughout the town.
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Individually controlled heating in each bedroom
- Air conditioned and heated throughout
- Extensive gardens
- Sit down dining facilities for up to 45
- Cocktail space for up to 80
- Fully operational Bar (BYO)
- Fully equipped Kitchen
- All catering equipment supplied
- Self Cater, Bring in your own Chef or buy in from local Maldon and Castlemaine cafe's and restaurants.
- Full exclusive use of the Hotel
- Free Wifi
- Cable TV
- BBQ and Wood Fired Pizza Oven